- 500 g Gluten-free brown flour
- 25 g Flax seeds (linseed)
- 25 g Sunflower seeds
- 50 g Gluten-free Porridge oats
- 1 tsp Salt (5g)
- 2 tsp Gluten-free bread soda
- 1 Egg
- 2 tbsp Treacle
- 450 ml Buttermilk
- 50 ml water
- Mix all dry ingredients together.
- Whisk egg together with treacle, you can oil the spoon first so the treacle slides off easier, then add buttermilk and water and whisk again.
- Stir wet ingredients into dry ingredients, you can do this in 2 parts. Keep stirring until all ingredients are well mixed.
- Prepare a loaf tin by brushing it with oil, then put in baking parchment that is just overhanging the side, this will help lifting the bread out.
- Bake in 150C oven for 1 hour, check doneness by tapping the bread, it should sound hollow.
- Remove loaf from tin and bake upside down for another 10 mins to crisp up the bottom.
- Put the loaf on a wire rack to completely cool down before slicing.
- Enjoy your gluten-free brown bread with Kinsale Bay chowder, one of our soups or pâtés.
Gluten Free Brown Bread Recipe Video
A Lovely Marriage With Our Smoked Salmon Pâté
Remember there is tax relief for gluten-free products purchased by certified coeliac sufferers. Do not forget to avail of this initiative in-store. Please ask store for details.