1. Heat frying pan or wok with 1 tbs of butter, fry off ½ of the bacon and the sage leaves until crispy.
2. Remove bacon and sage leaves with a slotted spoon and leave to dry on a kitchen towel, wipe the excess fat off the pan.
3. Dice the chicken to about 1 cm cubes and mix with flour, fry off in 1 tbs of butter with the rest of the bacon lardons.
4. When the chicken starts to colour add Mushroom soup and simmer without a lid for 12 minutes until reduced and thickened.
5. Check if the chicken is fully cooked and add chopped spring onions, your filling is ready! (filling can be made in advance if needed).
6. Bake Vol au vent according to instructions on the pack, fill with your sauce and garnish bacon, sage and cranberry sauce if using, serve on a warm plate.